With New York Fashion Week upon us, I'm prepping for a whirlwind of a week.
Despite the fact that I live in Brooklyn and won't need to bear a globe-trotting commute, I'll still be carrying some travel essentials with me. No matter what you think or try to plan in advance, this marathon of a week becomes endless days that turn into nights and vice-versa. Being prepared is a must!
Below I've covered some of the very basics for any travel occasion, whether it be Brooklyn to Bombay or a few days at your parents'. Never leave home without a variation of the below; I promise they will make your life easier aka happier.
1. A light jacket like this white mesh sleeve that can be rolled into your bag
2. Fun, cozy socks you can wear en route and in between
3. A bombshell red lipstick that matches everything and is an instant pick-me-up when you're beat
4. Carry-my-life-in-it bag in a solid (black, white, beige)
5. Slip-on lifesavers, because nobody actually walks around in 5 inch heels for 16 hours
6. Cute but small cosmetic bag
7. Go with everything shades that you can wear all trip
8. Does hand lotion save lives?
9. A light scent small enough to tote with you 24/7
10. Extra battery juice aka your lifeline... all. trip. long.
11. A journal, because I still like writing down my thoughts and trips/events spark some of the best
12. Dainty rings that will spruce up any look essentially without trying
13. Wear everyday earrings that will keep you from creating a tangled mess of too much jewelry